There are two ways of washing your
Most products require hand washing, however it is recommended for a once a year dry clean. Structured coats, finely woven items or accessories should only be dry-cleaned.
When hand washing is advised, we recommend the following method:
- Use cool water ( 85ºF / 27ºC max.) and a mild soap or a human hair shampoo,
- Do not use the hand wash cycle in a washing machine.
- Never use chlorine bleach. Woolite is not recommended.
- Remove any excess water carefully, avoiding any wringing or twisting.
- Dry the product in a flat position in the shade.
- By hand, carefully remove any wrinkles and straighten seams and facings. Never use a brush.
When dry cleaning is advised, we recommend the following:
- Seek out a reputable cleaner that is a member of the International Fabricare Institute.
- Bring with you any labels or hangtags that contain fiber information or care instructions.
- Outfits with several pieces should be cleaned at the same time to avoid any color discrepancies resulting from cleaning.
- Inform the cleaner of any spots or stains; they will want to treat some stains before the dry cleaning process.
- Your cleaner may also provide mothproofing. Request this service, if needed.
- Before storing, make sure that the item is fully dry.
- There are various techniques to avoid damage resulting from the presence of moths. It will be better if you store the product in a sealed cedar chest, a freezer (in a zip lock bag) or any moth-protected environment
- Sachets using dried lavender are also useful.
- We do not recommend the use of mothballs.