Alpaca Fur Toys
are not machine washable.
We recommend the following method:
- Avoid dry cleaning or washing with soap as these will strip the fur’s natural oils.
- Wipe instead with a damp, white muslin cloth, left, right, up and down.
- If the
Alpaca Teddy Bears are soaked in the rain, blot with a towel and leave to dry naturally away from sources of heat such as radiators. Once dry, fluff up by shaking or using a cold hairdryer jet to separate the hair shafts, making them stand independently.
- Try not to get it wet, only wipe fur.
- A light brush will leave your
Peruvian Alpaca Teddy Bear as luscious as the day it arrived.
- Dry your
Alpaca Fur Toys naturally, away from any direct heat such as a radiator, or the alpaca fur will go stiff and crispy. It will take 24 hours to air dry properly.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Do not iron.
- Use a tight bristled tangle brush or a ball-end plastic bristle hair brush to lightly brush through. Also, using a pet "slicker" brush works well to pick up particles and objects stuck in the fur and gives a nice thorough brushing.
- Brush gently. Do not roughly brush, especially with a pet slicker brush. Use only these styles of brushes to brush.
- Before storing, make sure that the item is fully dry.
- In some climates moths could cause a problem. If this is your case, place your
Alpaca Ornaments in plastic bags with small scented bags, or place cedar chips in the storage area.
- Sachets using dried lavender are also useful.
- We do not recommend the use of mothballs.