CARE AND WASHING
There are two ways of washing your Alpaca Wraps: hand washing and dry cleaning.
When hand washing is advised, we recommend the following method:
- Use cool water (86ºF / 30ºC max.) and a mild soap or a human hair shampoo.
- Never use chlorine bleach. Woolite is not recommended.
- Never use a brush.
- Fill a container with cold water, pour shampoo and carefully rub the Alpaca Stoles with the hands. Soak them in the water with care for two or three minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- To avoid your Alpaca Ruanas from losing their shape, press slightly to remove the water. Never wring. Dry flat, reshaping the product and keeping it from direct sunlight.
- Touch it up with cold iron if needed.
When dry cleaning is advised, we recommend the following:
- Seek out a reputable cleaner that is a member of the International Fabricare Institute.
- Bring with you any labels or hangtags that contain fiber information or care instructions.
- Outfits with several pieces should be cleaned at the same time to avoid any color discrepancies resulting from cleaning.
- Inform the cleaner of any spots or stains; they will want to treat some stains before the dry cleaning process.
- Before storing, make sure that the Alpaca Wrap is fully dry.
- In some climates moths could cause a problem. If this is your case, place your Alpaca Ruana Wrap in plastic bags with small scented bags, or place cedar chips in the storage area.
- Sachets using dried lavender are also useful.
- We do not recommend the use of mothballs.